POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : from an opengl scene to a povray scene : from an opengl scene to a povray scene Server Time
31 Jul 2024 06:17:53 EDT (-0400)
  from an opengl scene to a povray scene
From: Dav shef
Date: 28 Aug 2007 07:05:00
Message: <web.46d400a5c01d8011699678ae0@news.povray.org>
Hi All,

I have a opengl (with GLUT) scene with spheres and boxes which I'd
like to make a nice snapshot of with povray.

I can easily "translate" my objects into povray commands but I have trooble
with the definition of the camera.

In opengl, all rotation and translation are stored into a 4x4 matrix called
the modelview matrix. I couldn't, however, find useful information about
how to use it  properly.

From this matrix, I would need to determine the different vectors necessary
for the camera parameters such as location, right, up, look_at..etc...
But I have no idea how to do this

Has anyone had the same issue ? any ideas are welcome.

Cheers

Dav